Looking to experience the remoter side of New Zealand? The 7 day Queenstown to Christchurch road tour takes you deep into rural South Island life where quiet roads, isolated bays and windswept coastlines await.
- Meander alongside the beautiful lakes of Te Anau and Manapouri.
- Cycle the rugged Catlins coastline, home to fur seals, Hector’s dolphins and yellow-eyed penguins.
- Walk to Mclean Falls and Cathedral Caves.
- Challenge yourself on the rolling hills of the breathtaking Otago Peninsula.
- Visit the only mainland breeding colony of northern royal albatross in the world.
This tour is graded moderate. You will need to be a competent road rider and should be able to cycle comfortably for up to 4–6 hours or around 80km/50miles per day. There are some long undulating and hilly sections.
Accommodation, most meals and daily luggage transfer are included. You’ll also have the luxury of being able to hop aboard the support vehicle should you feel like a breather at any point.