Christchurch Bike Hire
Making exploring the South Island easy
Our Christchurch branch is located on Harewood Road, close to Christchurch International Airport, and incorporates a fully-equipped bike shop, shower facilities and luggage storage, as well as friendly, knowledgeable staff and a huge selection of top-quality bike rentals and accessories.
Bike hire for every journey
Whether it’s exploring the city, heading off on an extended cycle tour or hitting up Christchurch’s MTB trails, we’re sure to have the right bike for your South Island adventure.
- Touring & hybrid bike hire: High-quality touring and hybrid bikes, for long-distance travelling or relaxed weekend riding. Find a hybrid or touring bike>
- Mountain bike hire: Top-brand hardtail and full suspension mountain bikes. Find a mountain bike>
- Performance road bikes: Sleek styles built for racing and riding at speed. Find a performance road bike>
- Children’s bike hire: We have a range of cycles for little ones, including tagalongs and trailers. Find a children’s bike>
- Bike accessories: Bike racks, bob trailers, panniers and storage solutions. Find bike accessories>
- Bike purchase & buyback: Planning a longer stay in New Zealand? Then you might like to consider our buyback scheme, which can work out cheaper than bike rental. View our buyback scheme>
- Campervan hire + bike rental: We can set you up for the road trip of a lifetime! Find a campervan hire>
All Natural High hire bikes are fully-serviced before they hit the road and come with a lock, multi tool, tyre levers, spare tube and repair kit. We can also supply you with helmet hire (additional charge) or purchase.
You can pack a lot into a day! Our range of day tours around Christchurch are overflowing with everything that makes this region great: stunning scenery, quiet country roads and delicious food and drink. Which one will you choose?
|Port Hills Road Cycle Tour (GR028)||3||From $180||view map|
|Port Hills Road Cycle Tour (GR028)|
Great riding and spectacular views high in the hills above Christchurch. We’ll tailor this ride to suit your requirements, taking in seaside suburbs, quiet country roads or the summit road of the Port Hills.
|Little River Railtrail Guided Daytrip (LR008)||1||From $200||view map|
|Little River Railtrail Guided Daytrip (LR008)|
Cycle alongside the flanks of ancient volcanoes and the shores of Te Whiahora/ Lake Ellesmere. Experience stunning lake scenery, a classic wetland ecosystem and birdlife galore. The tour ends in the picturesque farming village of Little River.
|Port Hills Mountain Bike Tour (MB003)||3||From $200||view map|
|Port Hills Mountain Bike Tour (MB003)|
Super technical trails or a relaxed roll in the forest…Port Hills has something for every rider. Let us know your ability level and we’ll tailor a day just for you.
|Waipara Wine Tour (ODW001)||1||From $250|
|Waipara Wine Tour (ODW001)|
Uncork the pleasures of the Waipara Valley, a region well-known for its award-winning aromatic wines and spectacular views of the Southern Alps.
Where are we?
690a Harewood Road, Christchurch.
Phone: + 64 3 982 2966
Other services available at our Christchurch branch
Bike building and packing
Bringing your own bike into the country? We can unpack, build and service it in our fully-equipped bike workshop, store your bike box or case while you explore, and disassemble and pack your bike for your return journey. We can even supply cardboard bike boxes and packaging if needed. Please ask us for a quote for these services.
Parts and accessories
Our Christchurch branch is stocked with a wide range of biking essentials, from tires and tubes, tools and spare parts to clothing and accessories. If there’s anything out-of-the ordinary you’ll need on arrival, let us know, and we can have it ready for you.
If you’re heading off on a long tour and have more gear than you can squeeze into your panniers we can securely store your excess luggage at our depots, or arrange to have it forwarded to your final destination. Due to the custom nature of this service, please contact us for more information and pricing.
Dispatches from the road
Hop onto our mailing list and we’ll fill you in on the very best biking New Zealand has to offer, along with things to see, do (and eat) along the way. Sign up right here and you’ll start receiving one email every fortnight.